You may be well suited to a career in agriculture that involves thriving on the land. There are plenty of outdoor opportunities in agriculture.
If you love to grow things and get your hands dirty, becoming the next generation of farmers could be right for you. Farmers get to work for themselves, constantly learning new things and developing first-hand experience with how food is produced to feed the growing global population.
Another exciting outdoor role is that of an agronomist. Agronomists get to practice scientific techniques that help control weeds, insects and pests, soil health and fertility, plant breeding, crop rotation and irrigation. As an agronomist, you’ll get to assist farmers as their trusted advisor and play an integral part in producing quality food.
To kick-start your career in ag, explore the range of agricultural qualifications at universities, colleges, and TAFES across Australia. Check out the list below to get you started!
● Longrenong Agricultural College (link: http://www.longy.com.au/)
● Dookie Campus, University of Melbourne (link: http://fvas.unimelb.edu.au/dookie/welcome)
● TAFE Agriculture Courses (link: http://www.tafecourses.com.au/?submit=+&s=agriculture)
● Fenner School of Environment & Society, ANU (link: http://fennerschool.anu.edu.au/research/groups/agriculture-landscapes-soils)
● University of Queensland (link: https://www.uq.edu.au/agriculture/)
● University of Western Australia Institute of Agriculture (link: http://www.ioa.uwa.edu.au/)
● Charles Sturt University (link: https://science.csu.edu.au/schools/agriculture-wine/home)
● Marcus Oldham College (link: )
● University of Sydney (link: http://sydney.edu.au/agriculture/index.shtml)
● University of Tasmania (link: http://www.utas.edu.au/courses/study/agriculture-and-environmental-science)
● Curtin University of Technology (link: http://scieng.curtin.edu.au/science/environment-and-agriculture/)
● La Trobe University (link: http://www.latrobe.edu.au/courses/agricultural-sciences)
● University of New England (link: http://www.une.edu.au/research/une-research-priorities/agricultural-sciences)
● University of Western Sydney (link: http://www.uws.edu.au/future/future_students_home/ug/sciences/sustainable_agriculture_food_security)