How to use the Resistance Tracker Tool
Enter your postcode, crops of interest and email address to access the Resistance Tracker.
Search herbicide resistance by state or postcode, the tracker will display your state by default.
Choose the target weed species, MOA herbicide group (and sub-category) and select which year you'd like to get the data for.
Herbicide resistance across the world
Herbicide resistance across Australia
Herbicide resistance continues to grow - not only has the total number of resistant weeds increased, but they have also become resistant to more modes of action. Weeds can have target site and or non-target site (metabolic) resistance.
Herbicide resistance locally
Use Resistance Tracker to check the resistance status of weeds locally. Resistance tracker allows you to choose the weed, herbicide group and sub group (if applicable) and test result year and then all available test results will be mapped. Resistance development over time can also be viewed by selecting different years for each scenario.
How can I test for resistance?
Weed Seed Test at harvest
- Collect seeds prior to harvest, however contaminated grain or weed seeds from the soil surface can also be sampled
- A significant amount of seed is required i.e. one cup of ryegrass seed, a 2 L ice cream container full of wild radish seeds
- Seed testing takes about 12 weeks so plan to send samples as soon as seeds can be collected, to ensure that results are received before the next season.
Quick Test during the season
- Weeds from the paddock can be tested for herbicide resistance using the more convenient Quick Test
- Select green and healthy weeds from seedlings through to advanced tillering
- Transplanted plants with new leaves are sprayed in a cabinet sprayer
- Results are known in four weeks